Tropical green building is a style of construction that focuses on energy reduction, reduced use of chemicals, and supporting local labor and community. Tropical Green Building has the same basis as green building in more temperate climates, but the methods of construction are completely different. In the tropics, the focus is on keeping cool, preventing insect infestations, and reduced maintenance in the home.
Generally, tropical green building also seeks to reduce power consumption through intelligent architecture, such as by allowing in lots of natural light so that electric lights aren't needed during the daytime, and at night, using white-painted ceilings and low-energy light bulbs such as compact fluorescents or LEDs.
- Airflow and Shade Costa Rica Tropical Green-Building Information
- Pura Vida Sunsets Tropical Green Building Resource Guide
- Solar Vistas Malpais, Costa Rica Eco Development
- Tropisphere Tropisphere Real Estate's Tropical Green Building Info
- Pueblo Verde Costa Rica Green Development
This page is being imported from Wikipedia, to create a Wikidwelling stub or article. These steps need to be completed: